Essendon Terrace is close to many local attractions and services:
- A variety of shopping and dining precincts, including Essendon, North Essendon, Brunswick, DFO and Moonee Ponds.
- Three minute drive to Windy Hill with facilities including swimming, spa, sauna, gym, lawn bowls, croquet and the Windy Hill Venue which is the proud recipient of Clubs Victoria ‘Club of the Year’ three years running.
- Moonee Ponds Clocktower Centre with its exceptional program of music, drama and dance.
- Moonee Valley Racecourse, home of the Cox Plate
- Local libraries
Living at Essendon Terrace, you can truly enjoy your retirement while still maintaining your ties with friends and family from the area. At Essendon Terrace, we seek to build a feeling of community by bringing together likeminded individuals. You will have access to a fully appointed residents’ lounge, where retirees can relax together, organise games and activities, and host the occasional get-together.
Nearby medical facilities include medical practitioners, specialists, dental, physio and podiatry facilities as well as Melbourne’s major hospitals within a 6 km radius. For your peace of mind, should any resident require a higher level of care, We have established relationships with local care providers who we can call upon.
In close proximity to a number of parks, reserves and recreational areas and with Five Mile Creek at our doorstep, Essendon Terrace is by the heart of it all. Most nearby parks and reserves have walking, running and cycling tracks as well as BBQ and recreational facilities, and include Five Mile Creek, Queens Park, Napier Park and Woodlands Park.
Windy Hill the original home of Essendon Football Club, is only a few minutes’ drive away with facilities including swimming, spa, sauna, gym, lawn bowls and croquet. Cricket grounds,yoga and Pilates studios, gymnasiums and more are also close by and Moonee Valley Racecourse, home of the Cox Plate, a mere 2 km from your door.
SHOPPING & DINING
Essendon Terrace is close to many shopping and dining precincts including:
- Windy Hill Venue which is the proud recipient of Clubs Victoria ‘Club of the Year’ three years running
- Buckley Street and Mount Alexander Road, Essendon
- Napier Street in both Essendon and Strathmore
- Moonee Ponds including Puckle, Hall and Pratt Streets
- Brunswick’s Sydney Road and Barkly Square
- Racecourse Road, Flemington
- Highpoint Shopping Centre and district, Maribyrnong
- Belair Street and Macaulay Road, Kensington